Monday, September 24, 2012

Sensible Art & Verse

Flying Down, 2006, by David Salle



"A for airplane
B for bums
C for colors
D for duck"
so goes the little rhyme
from the kid trapped in me
his giggles echo in my heart,
and the day sooms to smile free.

Please forgive me for this verse. I don't know why I thought this way as soon as I noticed the airplane.

And now a haiku :

"a sensible art"
he said,showcasing this work,
"perhaps to the blind"


--
Linked to Magpie Tales and September Heights

6 comments:

  1. Art should be everything but "sensible" surely (smile)
    and the semi-acrostic speaks to a child of every age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the haiku sister. And what a provoking tale to weave upon noticing a plane...I knew there was a reason our hearts were kin <3 send love ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you here !
      forgot to tell you of this blog I guess :)

      Delete

Any thought ? Anything ...