Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Evening sky


the evening rolled over the plain,
a lithe lady bathed in orange light,
letting my edgy nerves settle
as I fall in her welcoming arms,
the leaves rustle in envy
and the air awaits the next move -
the wedding of orange robes
with the iconic dark night,
it happens, every day, the same way
and I am forgotten by them both
till I cry with my bleeding fingers,
a verse like this,on nature,for nature.

==
Inspired by the evening sky as seen from my workplace window.
Prompted @ 3ww

5 comments:

  1. This is incredible! I love how you described the dusk sky and the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nimue, your characterization of the colors in the sky of the coming evening... breathtaking. I was THERE. Loved it, and thanks for the touch of beauty in my otherwise rough day. You hit the spot with this romance of nature. Amy
    http://sharplittlepencil.com/2013/03/21/uncle-joe/

    ReplyDelete
  3. like these lines "the air awaits the next move -
    the wedding of orange robes
    with the iconic dark night,"
    good imaginary

    :)
    Pushpee

    ReplyDelete

Any thought ? Anything ...